Confused, Overwhelmed, or Burned Out
by Home Schooling?
Home Schooling is Fun! When you teach your children at home, you create memories and bonds that last a lifetime.
But...sometimes it gets a little overwhelming. We know how you feel when...
- You are considering teaching your kids at home and aren't sure where to start.
- You are a new home school mom that is confused and overwhelmed by all of the choices and decisions you need to make.
- You are burned out. Has the "new" worn off?
- You are having trouble "doing it all".
- You are having Doubts? Fear? Guilt?
Home Schooling Haven is here to offer you help and a reassuring hug. Established by a home schooling Mom who spent 16 years educating her
four children at home, you can be sure you are not alone in having experienced ALL of these problems.
We have been there through the highs and lows, the good times and bad times, the fun times and "yucky" times.
We know how you feel and are here to offer reassurance and answer your questions. That is why we call this site a "Haven."
This site is a refuge to you in the "storm" that home schooling can become at times. When you know -
- Relatives who tell you that you're ruining your child's life
- Neighbors who think you're "weird"
- "Experts" who tell you that you aren't qualified to teach your child
- Friends who tell you your children won't be socialized
- Co-workers who tell you your child will be permanently scarred because they missed the prom
- The barrage of suppliers who tell you THEY have the PERFECT curriculum that will solve all of your child's learning problems
As "veterans", it is our turn to "pay it forward" and pass on the help we received when we first started teaching our
children. It is our wish to take the confusion, doubt, and "scariness" away. Whatever reason you have for homeschooling, we are
here to help you along the way and personally answer any questions that you have.
Let's make teaching your children at home a fun adventure that will create memories and bonds that can never be replaced.
- Free Educational Games - Fun, online kids games for homeschool
- Free Educational Games | Make learning fun! Use free educational games to supplement your children's schoolwork.
- Home School Curriculum - Homeschooling Curriculum Guides and Programs
- Home School Curriculum | Unsure of which Home School Curriculum to choose? Learn how to choose the right books
for your children and read our curriculum reviews to help you make the right choice.
- Home Schooling Blog
- The Home Schooling Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the Home-Schooling-Haven.com Web site. Subscribe Here.
- Home Schooling Haven Ezine - Help, Advice, and Free Homeschooling Resources
- Help, advice, free home schooling resources, and free teacher worksheets from a homeschooling mom with 16 years of homeschooling experience.
- Homeschooling Laws and Homeschooling Requirements You Need to Know
- Homeschooling Laws | Know the homeschooling info online for your state to make your home school legal.
- Homeschool Lesson Plans | home school child | home school education
- Homeschool Lesson Plans keep your homeschool organized and on track. Read our articles about writing and using
lesson plans from a homeschool mom with 16 years experience.
- How to Homeschool, What is Homeschooling? Homeschooling info
- How to homeschool | If you're wondering how to homeschool, our simple step-by-step instructions will give you all the help you need.
- Foreign Language Curriculum - Home School On Line
- foreign language curriculum | Recommended resources for homeschooling families to make teaching a second language stress free.
- Free Division Worksheets for Busy Homeschool Moms
- Need free division worksheets to add to your math curriculum? Use our printable division worksheets for free!
- Free Educational Games -- How to Play an All Subject Review Game
- How to use free educational games to review all subjects, all year long.
- Free Literature Study Guides
- Looking for free literature study guides? Here is a list of literature questions to get you started.
- Free Printable Bookmarks for Homeschool Encouragement
- Looking for homeschool encouragement for those tough times? Use our free printable bookmarks with encouraging and inspirational poems.
- Home School Curriculum - How to Choose the Right One
- Trying to decide which is the best home school curriculum for your child? Read our reviews and get advice from a homeschool mom with 16 years experience.
- Homeschool Computer Curriculum - Computer Homeschool - Fun and Easy!
- Homeschool Computer Curriculum that's both fun to do and easy to understand? Yep, it's possible! Teach your
children powerpoint, spreadsheets, wordprocessing, and much more with this curriculum.
- Homeschool Help Peer Pressure
- Homeschool Help Peer Pressure | Need homeschool help dealing with peer pressure? Get free advice and help from a homeschool mom with 16 years experience.
- First Grade Math Games - Make Math Fun with Free Math Games
- Make learning fun with first grade math games. With these free math games, your kid's won't even realize they're learning!
- Free List of Prepositions
- Use this free list of prepositions for your homeschool language arts curriculum.
- Parts of Speech Worksheets - Free Language Arts Worksheets
- Use our free parts of speech worksheets for an easy way to teach your children grammar. Use our free language arts worksheets as a homeschool curriculum or just for extra pratice.
- Printable Fraction Worksheets | Home Schooling Worksheets
- Free printable fraction worksheets - easy to understand and use.
- How to Write a Lesson Plan - Free homeschool Blank Lesson Plan Template
- Learn How to Write a Lesson Plan for homeschooling with these easy step-by-step instructions - use our free blank lesson plan template.
- Verb Worksheets | Free teacher worksheets to teach verbs to homeschoolers!
- Verb Worksheets | Free Teacher Worksheets to use to teach your kids verbs - Great for homeschooling or homework.
- Reading Worksheets as a Homeschooling Resource
- Pre-prepared Reading Worksheets can sometimes be the perfect answer to our homeschooling worries. You aren't alone in looking for a little bit of extra help out there, every parent who is homeschooling has been concerned about their child's reading ability at some stage.
- Blank Lesson Plan Template - How to Write a Lesson Plan
- Use this Free Blank Lesson Plan Template and follow the step-by-step instructions to learn how to write a lesson plan.
- Addition Worksheets
- Free addition worksheets to help you homeschool your children
- Kids Bible Study Curriculum for Homeschooling Online
- Kids Bible Study curriculum. Your Bible study should be the heart of your homeschool. Put God first in homeschooling and teach your children to put God first in their lives.
- Free Multiplication Worksheets
- Free, printable, multiplication worksheets to supplement your child's education.
- Advantages of Homeschooling - What are the reasons for and benefits to Home Education?
- Advantages of homeschooling? Are they for real? If you are thinking about home school education, you need to read this article.
- Preschool Curriculum Activities
- Looking for fun ways to teach your preschooler math? Use our free preschool curriculum activities for math and have fun!
- Spelling Tips
- Use these spelling tips for children who have difficulty learning to spell. Every child can spell, you just need to learn what makes it
- Shurley Grammar
- Shurley Grammar is hands down, the best way to teach your children grammar when you homeschool. Fun and easy to understand!
- Homeschool Art Curriculum - How to Teach Children Art Even if You Can't Draw!
- Wondering how to teach children art even if you can't draw a straight line? It's easy with the right homeschool art curriculum. Read our helps and tips.
- Homeschool Literature Your Kids Will Love!
- Looking for homeschool literature that your kids will love, that's easy for you to teach, and your kids will really learn? Read our curriculum reviews and recommendations by a homeschool mom with 16 y.
- Homeschool Math Curriculum Guide
- Looking for a Homeschool Math Curriculum Guide for your children? Read reviews by a homeschool mom with 16 years experience and get the best program for your child.
- Preschool Curriculum Activities for Teaching Language Arts
- Use these free preschool curriculum activities for teaching your preschooler his letters the fun way.
- Try These Free Alphabet Activities to Make Learning Fun!
- With our free alphabet activities and preschool curriculum ideas, you can make teaching your preschooler or kindergartener loads of fun.
- Free Alphabet Flashcards - Use with Alphabet Activities
- Free Alphabet Flashcards to Use with Alphabet Activites and Preschool Curriculum Ideas
- Dolch Word List - Sight Word Activities and printable Word cards
- Once your children learn the Dolch Word List, they can read 50 to 70 percent of the words in every book. Help your child get a head start in reading with these free dolch word lists.
- Teaching the Dolch Word List with Activities and Games for Teaching Sight Words
- Teach your children the dolch word list with preschool learning activities and give them a head start in reading.
- How to Start Home Schooling - Step-by-Step Instructions
- Questions about how to start home schooling your children? Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Preschool Curriculum Activities for Shapes and Colors
- Quick, easy, and fun! Use these preschool curriculum activities to teach your preschooler the fun way!
- Newberry Award Books
- Newberry Award Books - great books for your kids. Check out our lists of all the winners.
- Homeschool Writing Curriculum - Help Your Children Excel!
- Don't just teach your children to write - teach them to excel at writing. Read our homeschool writing curriculum reviews by a homeschool mom with 16 years experience so you can choose the best.
- The Importance of Reading to Children
- Don't underestimate the importance of reading to children. Discover how you can give your children a head start by reading to them.
- Kids Reading Books that Your Kids Will Love!
- Kids reading books that you approve of and are interesting to the kids can be hard to find sometimes. Make it simple and check out our lists of the best kids reading books.
- Homeschool Science Curriculum
- Be sure that you're choosing the best homeschool science curriculum for your children by reading reviews by a homeschool mom with 16 years experience!
- Homeschool History Curriculum - Make History Come Alive!
- Don't bore your children - By choosing the right homeschool history curriculum, you can make history come alive for your children.
- Homeschooling Laws - Good Rules to Follow
- Follow these basic guidelines to make sure you comply with your state homeschooling laws.
- Homeschool Textbooks - What Good are They Anyway?
- Homeschool Textbooks - Trying to decide which homeschooling method is for you? Here are some good reasons to include textbooks in your home school curriculum.
- Preschool Curriculum - Make Learning Fun
- Looking for preschool curriculum for homeschool? Find out what a homeschool mom with 16 years of experience recommends to make teaching preschool both fun and educational.
- Teaching Handwriting to Your Children Doesn't Have to Be Hard!
- Teaching handwriting to your kids can be fun and easy. Read the recommendations of a homeschool mom with 16 years of experience and learn how!
- Spelling Curriculum That Works
- Looking for a spelling curriculum that works? Listen to what a homeschool mom with 16 years of experience has to say.
- Homeschool Science - Getting Your Kids to Love It!
- Teaching Homeschool Science? Learn how to get your kids to love it with these tips and ideas from a homeschool mom of four with 16 years of experience.
- Homeschool Help - Do I Need a Schoolroom to Homeschool My Children?
- Need homeschool help? Get help and advice from a homeschool mom with 16 years of experience.
- How to Homeschool - Answers to Your Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Confused about how to homeschool? This article answers all of your most frequently asked questions.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Preschool
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for preschool? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Eight Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for eight grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Eleventh Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for Eleventh? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Fifth Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for fifth grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Fourth Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for Fourth Grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level First Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for First Grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Kindergarten
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for Kindergarten? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Ninth Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for Ninth Grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Seventh Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for Seventh Grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Second Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for Second Grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Third Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for Third Grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Twelfth Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for Twelfth Grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Tenth Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for Tenth Grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Reading Lists by Grade Level Sixth Grade
- Looking for reading lists by grade level for Sixth Grade? Check out our lists of great books for your children.
- Disadvantages of Homeschooling - Are there negative aspects to and effects to Home Education?
- Disadvantages of homeschooling? To say there are no disadvantages of homeschooling would be a little bit of an untruth. It's very easy to get carried away with all of the wonderful benefits there are to homeschooling...
- Homeschooling Benefits - What are the reasons for and benefits to Home Education?
- Homeschooling Benefits? The top 3 homeschooling benefits for both you and your child
- Montessori Home School - Home School Preschool
- Montessori Home School. What is the Montessori method, and how does it work when used as a homeschooling technique?
The winner of our summer contest is...
Liz from the UK
- Congratulations Liz!
Read her winning entry on Educational Math Games